Really? People, other than yogi’s are meditating?
Have you heard about Mindfulness Meditation, but you aren't sure where to start? I've got you covered!
First, watch this 1/2 hour introduction video I did on Facebook Live. The video cuts off the bottom part of me, so you can also view it on Facebook, here.
Now after watching the video, you have a couple choices.
- Pick a time that works for you. Morning, lunchtime, evening, it doesn't matter, but pick a time when you can start with 10 minutes every day. Habit tip! Tie it to another habit, such as right after you brush your teeth!
- Choose and use a resource that works for you.
- Go to the Guided Meditations page on this website to find free guided meditations that you can download and start using.
- Check out the Videos link on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/mindfulnessinorganizations/, and use the Beginners playlist of guided video meditations I've put together for you.
- Like my Facebook page so you get notified when I'm doing a live meditation!
- Download an app:
- Insight Timer is free and my favorite
- I've also heard good things about Headspace and Stop, Breath, and Think.
Check out these resources to realize you don’t need to hide or wear an orange robe to meditate!
- Magazine: Mindful This is a great introduction to Mindfulness magazine. It introduces mindfulness concepts, practices, and the organizations using them.
- Book: 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works – A True Story by Dan Harris. Dan Harris, a Nighttime and Good Morning America news anchor tells how a serious doubter of meditation came to find it stopped his on-air panic attacks and made him happier.